Saturday, May 12, 2012

Yes, Yes, and No.


Yes: Macarons. there is no inkling doubt that i adore love all things French. However, lately i've been finding myself irisistably drawn to macarons. Macarons are delightful little deserts made with an almond base. With a thin meringue crust and chewy middle, it sandwiches cream (usually ganche because we all know that i'm quite the chocolate fiend) and taste like the effing piece of awesome French-ness it is. This dainty French sandwich cookie is angelically delightful to taste and devilishly hellish to master; however, I’m not one to give up easy. so after dozen eggs and god knows how many pounds of almond flour I finally managed to master them-and gosh do they taste good. 



Yes: her full name is Virginia Wigmore-now shorthened to 'Gin'. She is from New Zealand. Her claim to fame is her beautiful and haunting voice, which is a throwback to the late and great Amy Whinehouse. I must admit I was smitten after I heard her crooning on 90201. My itunes shows that I’ve listen to Saturday Smile (found here) about 48 times, but i digress. Its beautiful in a haunting way. Like a forbidden love like the one between the gorgeous Ryan Gosling and Rachel Mcadams in The Notebook or something tragic like Jack and Roses in Titanic. Check her out. She is amazing.




No: Carey Mulligan's dress at the 2012 Met Gala. I've grown quite fond of the British actress, however her poor choice for this years Met Gala left me biting my lip. Not in the oh-god-that’s-hot way, but rather in the oh-my-lord-that’s-unflattering. The metallic and highly reflective Prada dress resembled a robotic beehive. It reflected everything and anything that was within two feet of Carey Mulligan. Although she did donate it to charity but who can blame her? Who would want that thing in their closet? I kid. They dress is a fine peice of art however I think that I would look far better in a window of a couture house then on a human being.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home