Monday, May 7, 2012

Thoughts on Gossip Girl and the Ditch it’s Headed Towards

I think I was middle school when I first stumbled across gossip girl book series. They were nothing like the usual literature I was used to (Newberry medal books and such). Gossip Girl was about sex, drinking, secrecy and rich playboys-all the things that seem deliciously scandalous to a 14 year old girl. I devoured all of them by the time that summer ended and kept myself updated with new book releases. So you can only imagine my excitement when I heard Josh Schwartz was going to produce a Gossip Girl TV show.

Seasons 1, 2 and even 3 were awesome. I loved the drama, admired Blair Waldorf’s style and drooled over Dan Humphrey’s jaw line. However recently it’s started to dwindle down to the equivalent of a soap opera. The same characters are sleeping with each other, people who should be dead are coming back to life and all of a sudden Lily’s problems (the mother) have become a main part of the plot. Since when did Gossip Girl care about rich middle-aged women who had been divorced 3 times? 

I just hope the writers are able to make this finale spectacular or else I’ll probably stop watching. RIP my love for gossip girl

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home